Journal of Egyptian Society of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
(J. Egypt. Soc. Cardiothorac. Surg.)
Please address all correspondence to:
The Egyptian Society of Cardio-thoracic Surgery
330 El-Sudan St., Imbaba, Cairo, Egypt.
Telephone: (+202) 303 6634
Mob.: (+2) 01002327650
Fax: (+202) 303 8054
Electronic submission of articles is available through EVISE system established by Elsevier.
The Journal of the Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery [ISSN 1110-578 X] is the official publication of the Egyptian Society of Cardio-thoracic Surgery. The journal is published every three months.
Mission Statement JESCTS
قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم:
" إذا مات أبن آدم أنقطع عنه عمله إلا من ثلاثه - صدقة جارية، علم ينتفع به، و ولد صالح يدعو له". أبو هريرة - صحيح
1. To present to the community of cardiothoracic surgery updated, well reviewed, high quality, useful researches in that field. ( علم )
2. To improve measures that facilitate to the community of cardiothoracic surgery, researchers and the public how to reach published papers and get benefit of them.( ينتفع به )
1. Improving and upgrading editorial and publishing process, choosing editorial board of high quality, stressing on the scientific, ethical, linguistic, and statistical issues.
2. Taking all the measures that improve citations and impact factor of the journal including having an international publisher for the journal and improving the search engine optimization (SEO). Hard efforts are made to make the journal indexed in Pubmed. The journal will be free access online.
3. The ESCTS itself will help in the third part of the cycle by supervising the application of these researches through public awareness, education and training programs.
The journal was recently accepted by Elsevier as an international publisher for the journal. This is being done in cooperation with the Academy of Scientific Research & Technology (ASRT) http://www.asrt.sci.eg .
Full texts are available on this website from 1995 till 2015. Starting from 2016, full texts are available through Elsevier's home page of the journal;
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. The users should credit the author(s), do not represent the author as endorsing their adaptation of the article, and do not modify the article in such a way as to damage the author’s honor or reputation. However, reproduction, illegal and commercial use of articles is prohibited.
Prof. Mohamed Abdelraof Khalil, MD
Prof. Khaled Karara
Volume one was in 1994. The journal was called The Bulletin of the Egyptian Society of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. After the first three volumes the name changed to The journal of the Egyptian Society of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. It started to have ISSN 1110-578 X from the fourth volume in January 1996.
Prof. Hassouna M. El-sabea, FRCS (1994-1996).
Prof. Mohamed S. El-Fiky, MD (1996-2004).
Prof. Ezzeldin A. Mostafa, MD (2004-2008).
Prof. Yasser M. Hegazy, MD (2008-2011).
Prof. Hussein Gaafar
Prof. Sherif Abd Elhady
Prof. Yasser Hegazy
Prof. Ahmed M Deebis, Prof. Ahmed M Hassouna, Prof. Ahmed El Kerdani, Prof. Mohamed A Nasser.
Prof. Hossam El-Shahawy, Prof. Aly Hasan Taher, Prof. Abdelmaguid Mohamed Ramdan & Prof. Ahmed Debees.